Un très beau travail graphique de la part de re:design qui a imaginé cette série de couvertures pour une sélection de 14 livres fondamentaux sur l’amour à l’occasion de la St Valentin la semaine dernière. La série complète en images dans la suite !
Plus de détails en images dans la galerie
Fourteen Books to Love for February 14th
Here at re:design we heart many things – LEGO blocks, huskies, bacon, The Good Wife, Christmas Eve and I could really go on – but books are definitely in our top three. And now that Valentine’s Day is upon us again we profess our love for literature with a series of (literally) heart-centered covers. Heart is a fun shape to work with and surprisingly versatile. Each cover uses the shape as the center of the composition around which a symbolic illustration and typography are arranged. The books range from pulp romances through venerable classics to postmodernist experiments but all feature some version of the eternal love theme.
- LolitaLolita by Vladimir Nabokov, an ambitious and rather pervy, if read literally, take on love.
- Bridget Jones DiaryBridget Jones’s Diary by Helen Fielding, a decidedly unambitious take.
- The Vagina MonologuesThe Vagina Monologues by Eve Ensler (a more physiological interpretation of the theme).
- The Hunchback of Notre-DameFatalistic view of love and life in The Hunchback of Notre-Dame by Victor Hugo.
- Quo VadisQuo Vadis by Henryk Sienkiewicz.
- In Search of Lost TimeIn Search of Lost Time or in love with the past, by Marcel Proust.
- Cinder House RulesCider House Rules by John Irving.
- Ireland: a NovelIreland by Frank Delaney.
- A Good YearA Good Year by Peter Mayle.
- Homer’s DaughterHomer’s Daughter by Robert Graves.
- NanaNana by Emile Zola, a socially critical anti-love story.
- One Hundred Years of SolitudeOne Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez.
- The GamblerAnother classic, The Gambler by Dostoyevsky.
- Memoirs of a GeishaMemoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden, love in Japan.
Books to LoveSeries of spines. For typography we chose a combination of Scala and Stag. We picked a limited color palette of reds and grays with some greens and yellows.